Green Building Guidelines, New Home Construction
Credit: 6 PDH
Course Fee: $90.00
These Green Building Guidelines are designed for the residential building industry.
The guidelines offer:
- Cost Effective suggestions to minimize construction-related waste, to create healthier and more durable homes, to reduce operating costs for homeowners and to support local manufacturers and suppliers of resource efficient building materials.
- Methods to reduce the impacts of building in Sonoma County communities – including solid waste management, water conservation, energy efficiency and resource conservation.
The practices contained in these Guidelines were selected for their viability in today’s market and their ability to promote sustainable building. Builders using this booklet will differentiate themselves in the marketplace while protecting our environment.
- Overview of green building
- How to start building green
- Green points
- Green building methods and materials
- Selling green homes
- Summary of green building benefits
Sonoma County Waste Management Agency
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.