Project Control, Coordinate Systems And Datums
Credit: 8 PDH
Course Fee: $120.00
This course provides guidance on the required geodetic reference datum's and coordinate systems for USACE navigation and flood control projects. General guidance is also provided on setting survey control for dredging projects and positioning aids to navigation in these projects. The major emphasis in this course is on vertical reference datum's for navigation projects--tidal, river, lake, pool, and flood control reservoirs. This course has minimal coverage of horizontal coordinate systems, horizontal datum's, and control survey methods since this material is fully covered in other engineer manuals listed in Appendix A. In addition, nearly all hydrographic surveys and dredge positioning are now controlled by established, nationwide DGPS networks; thus reducing the need to establish supplemental horizontal control on dredging and navigation projects.
- Horizontal Control for Navigation and Flood Control Projects
- Positioning of Aids to Navigation in Authorized Projects
- Vertical Control for Navigation and Flood Control Projects
- Tides and Tidal Datums
- Tide Stations
- Accurate Tidal Datums
- NOS Tidal Datums
- Equipment and Field Work Associated with Operating Tide Stations
- Off-Site Tide Observations
- Water Level Reference Planes
- International Great Lakes Datums
- Low Water Reference Planes (LWRP) -- Middle and Lower Mississippi River
- Other Inland Water Reference Systems
US Department of Army
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.