Promoting Seismic Safety
Credit: 4 PDH
Course Fee: $60.00
Promoting seismic safety can be challenging because people seem indifferent to its benefits or decision-makers dismiss good ideas about ways to make buildings and communities more resistant to the damaging effects of earthquakes.
- Successful Seismic Safety Advocacy
- Earthquake Basics
- The ABC's of Seismic Building Codes
- Policies and Legislation
- Appearing Before Committees
- Informing and Persuading
- Partnerships for Seismic Safety
- Working with Experts
- Effective Risk Communication
- Using the Media
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.